Welcome to my inner thoughts about EDCI 339! I am a fourth year History Major with an Education Minor and I will be looking to graduate over the next two semesters. My passion about education stems from my dream to be a teacher, an educator and an administrator. My plan includes becoming a teacher, familiarizing myself but ultimately my dream is to become a young principal in the middle or secondary environment. I believe that varied degrees of education, and self awareness are the two greatest tools for anyone to become successful. I work full time as a site manager for Boys and Girls Club of Greater Victoria, I took this job to familiarize myself with the education and development of elementary aged children because they were so foreign to me. I have since learned an unimaginable amount of things; patience, compassion and oodles of empathy. The most important lesson that I have taken away and will carry with myself as an educator for the foreseeable future is this: “Equality and fairness does not mean that everyone gets the same things, it means that everyone’s needs are met.”

Cheers