Online Educational Resources Reflection: 

A) The difference between Online Educational Content and Openly Licensed Educational Content: Meaning mostly that Online Educational Resources is a broad term used to categorize any kind of learning material that assists in students understanding and grasping concepts. Online Educational content and Openly Licensed Educational Content are both free to use under the public domain, and are easily accessibly for malleable use for educators to tailor for specific learning needs. The main and overarching difference between these two open platform concepts are as such: Online Educational Resources are truly and freely open to adaptation, re-use and sharing. Whereas, Openly Licensed Educational Content has the distinguishing feature of copyright; this distinctly allows creators to share their platform ideas and simultaneously keep ownership by establishing under what conditions their ideas can be redirected and adapted. What is important is to know what you can do with this Openly Licensed material :

Using Online Educational Resources it is important to understand the R’s : You may Retain the learning device, Reuse it within your specific context, Revise is and make it tailored to your students learning needs, Remix it and combine ideas from other projects and Redistribute the learning device by sharing it with those who will find it useful and helpful.

B) My OER Content: Khan Academy 

https://www.khanacademy.org/

c) The Review of Khan Academy

• Khan Academy as an Online Educational Resource is an endlessly useful resource. It generates content based on teachable courses categorized by both grade and subject matter. It offers material on Math, a plethora of Sciences, Computer Programs, Art and History as well as Economics, Test Prep and Careers. Khan Academy is designed for both the student and the teacher to use the platform in an interactive function. Teachers can directly share materials and feedback with students in a forum like atmosphere and students can directly submit work and receive real time information from instructors. Additionally, complementary information is available at their finger tips on the same platform. Khan Academy is a highly resourceful OER where students can access unfettered information at no cost to the student or the educator. I enjoy a platform that allows for online communication between student and teacher as well as the ability for access to be in an online format.

d) How I Would use This OER Content in My Personal Life 

• I use this Online Educational Resource in my on-going research for teaching materials. Every couple of weeks when I find free time, I like to add to my collection of teaching materials for high school social studies / history courses. Typically when I finish a University History course, I break down my notes into teaching points or essential learning moments and then sort them into slide in order to help me efficiently store the information in order to review it quickly to teach it. I use Khan Academy as a way to preemptively store my teaching materials as well as a way to share them with the public and fellow educators! I like the idea of my own material being useful to others as well as having the opportunity to have it enhanced by those who have more experience than myself!

NEVOC Open Licensing of Educational Resources. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://unevoc.unesco.org/go.php?q=Open+Licensing+of+Educational+Resources&context=

OER Africa. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.oerafrica.org/